Prof. Dr. Björn Corzilius
born on July 30,1979 in Dieburg, Germany
University of Rostock
Institute of Chemistry
Phone: +49 (0)381 498 6498
Fax: +49 (0)381 498 6502
Studies and degrees
- 1999: Studies of Chemistry, TU Darmstadt, Germany
- 2005: Diploma (Dipl.-Ing.) in Physical Chemistry under supervision of Prof. Dr. Klaus-Peter Dinse, TU Darmstadt, Germany
- 2008: Ph.D. (Dr.-Ing.) in Physical Chemistry under supervision of Prof. Dr. Klaus-Peter Dinse, TU Darmstadt, Germany
- 2005 - 2008: Research Associate, Physical Chemistry, TU Darmstadt, Germany
- 2009 - 2010: Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2010 - 2013: Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2013 - 2019: Junior Principal Investigator, Physical and Theoretical Chemistry / Biophysical Chemistry, Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- since 2019: University Professor (W2) of Physical Chemistry with focus on solid-state NMR spectroscopy, University of Rostock, Germany
Honers and awards
- 1999: Book prize of the "Fonds der Chemischen Industrie"
- 2002: Dr. Anton Keller Prize (TU Darmstadt)
- 2006: Alarich Weiss Prize (TU Darmstadt)
- 2009: Research Fellowship (DFG)
- 2012: Emmy Noether Fellowship (DFG)
- 2016: Felix Bloch Lecture (GDCh)
- 2017: Regitze M. Vold Memorial Prize (Groupement AMPERE / ISMAR)
- 2018: Best Ph.D. supervision (GRADE Research Academy, Goethe University Frankfurt)
Service to the scientific community
- Since 2022: Member of the Management Board of the Department „Life, Light and Matter“ of the Interdisciplinary Faculty (INF) at the University of Rostock
- Since 2022: Associate Editor of the journal Magnetic Resonance
- Since 2022: Scientific Board Member of the Solid-State NMR Symposium of the Rocky Mountain Conference of Magnetic Resonance
- 2020–2022: Jury member for the Add-on Fellowships of the Joachim Herz Foundation, Hamburg
- 2019–2023: Reviewing Editor for Experimental Results (Cambridge University Press)
- 2019–2022: Member of the associated board of the Department „Life, Light and Matter“ of the Interdisciplinary Faculty (INF) at the University of Rostock
- B. Corzilius*: High-Field Dynamic Nuclear Polarization, Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem. 71, 7.1–7.28 (2020).
- V. Aladin, M. Vogel, R. Binder, I. Burghardt, B. Suess, and B. Corzilius*: Complex formation of the tetracycline‐binding aptamer investigated by specific cross‐relaxation under DNP, Angew. Chem. 131, 4917–4922 (2019); Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 58, 4863–4868 (2019).
- B. Corzilius: Paramagnetic metal ions for dynamic nuclear polarization, eMagRes 7, 179–194 (2018).
- A. S. Lilly Thankamony, J. J. Wittmann, M. Kaushik, and B. Corzilius*: Dynamic nuclear polarization for sensitivity enhancement in modern solid-state NMR, Prog. Nucl. Magn. Reson. Spectrosc. 102–103, 120–195 (2017).
- M. Kaushik, M. Qi, A. Godt,* and B. Corzilius*: Bis-Gadolinium Complexes for Solid Effect and Cross Effect Dynamic Nuclear Polarization, Angew. Chem. 134, 4359–4363 (2017); Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 56, 4295–4299 (2017).
- D. Daube, V. Aladin, J. Heiliger, J. J. Wittmann, D. Barthelmes, C. Bengs, H. Schwalbe, and B. Corzilius*: Heteronuclear Cross-relaxation under Solid-state Dynamic Nuclear Polarization, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 138, 16572–16575 (2016).
- M. Kaushik, T. Bahrenberg, T. V. Can, M. A. Caporini, R. Silvers, J. Heiliger, A. A. Smith, H. Schwalbe, R. G. Griffin, and B. Corzilius*: Gd(III) and Mn(II) complexes for dynamic nuclear polarization: small molecular chelate polarizing agents and applications with site-directed spin labeling of proteins, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 18, 27205–27218 (2016).
- B. Corzilius*: Theory of solid effect and cross effect dynamic nuclear polarization with half-integer high-spin metal polarizing agents in rotating solids, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 18, 27190–27204 (2016).
- P. Wenk, M. Kaushik, D. Richter, M. Vogel, B. Suess, and B. Corzilius*: Dynamic Nuclear Polarization of Nucleic Acid with Endogenously Bound Manganese, J. Biomol. NMR 63, 97–109 (2015).
- B. Corzilius, A. A. Smith, A. B. Barnes, C. Luchinat, I. Bertini, and R. G. Griffin: High-Field Dynamic Nuclear Polarization with High-Spin Transition Metal Ions, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 5648–5651 (2011).